This is to provide an educational and social experience to meet the learning and emotional needs of our young people so that they can be reintegrated back into a mainstream setting. This is within the framework of a caring, supportive and structured environment. Young people will be helped to develop their individual potential for growth, self-worth and self-control through experiencing clear and consistent guidance and support on appropriate ways of behaving towards other people within the centre and the outside world.
Our aim is to encourage all pupils within the centre to:
- Learn to develop an understanding of the ways their behaviour affects other people.
- Learn to respect the reasonable needs, wishes and feelings of others.
- Learn to control and take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Learn to develop a responsible, supportive and caring attitude towards other people.
- Learn to develop a respect for property and for their environment.
- Consider the impact that their behaviour has upon learning.
- Understand that a partnership between home and centre exists in order to promote acceptable behaviour in centre.